Originally founded in 1967, St. Jarlath’s Credit Union (SJCU) provides a broad range of personal financial services to the communities of Tuam and its surrounds. With the Head office located in Tuam and an additional 8 branch offices in Headford, Turloughmore, Dunmore, Abbeyknockmoy, Moylough, Mountbellew and Corrandulla, SJCU is amongst the largest and most successful Credit Unions in Ireland.
The ongoing success of the business is testament to the outstanding community in which we operate: the members, the savers, the borrowers, the volunteers and all those who have supported our organisation down through the years and continue to use our services in SJCU.
What are we all about?
Simply, we are all about our members, the people who save with and borrow from us. Like all Credit Unions internationally, we are a member owned, voluntary, democratic, co-operative financial institution providing a wide range of financial services to members, personally and professionally.
Our community of members are integral to our ongoing success.
Your Credit Union-At a glance
- 1 main office in Tuam and 8 sub-offices in Headford, Dunmore, Turloughmore, Abbeyknockmoy, Moylough, Mountbellew and Corrandulla
- Over 30,000 Members
- Total Assets of €140 million
- Loaned €16.5m to our members in 2014.
- A Board of 11 Directors and 5 Supervisors
- A Chief Executive – Mr Mick Culkeen
- 28 employees in Tuam Branch & 12 in sub-offices
- Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions, a representative body for the vast majority of Credit Unions in Ireland
- Wide range of services offered including Loans, Savings Accounts, Life Assurance, Repayment protection, Foreign Exchange, Quick Lodge facility, ATM, Paypoint, Savings Stamps and Payroll deduction.