Originally founded in 1967, St. Jarlath’s Credit Union (SJCU) provides a broad range of personal financial services to the communities of Tuam and its surrounds. With the Head office located in Tuam and an additional 7 branch offices in Headford, Turloughmore, Dunmore, Abbeyknockmoy, Moylough, Mountbellew and Corrandulla, SJCU is amongst the largest and most successful Credit Unions in Ireland.
The ongoing success of the business is testament to the outstanding community in which we operate: the members, the savers, the borrowers and all those who have supported our organisation down through the years and continue to use our services in SJCU.
What are we all about?
Simply, we are all about our members, the people who save with and borrow from us. Like all Credit Unions internationally, we are a member owned, voluntary, democratic, co-operative financial institution providing a wide range of financial services to members, personally and professionally.
Our members are integral to our ongoing success.
Your Credit Union
- 8 Branches: Tuam, Headford, Mountbellew, Dunmore, Turloughmore, Abbeyknockmoy, Corrandulla and Moylough
- Over 48,000 Members
- Total Assets in excess of €205 million
- A Board of 11 Directors and 3 Supervisors
- Over 50 employees
- Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Wide range of services offered including Loans, Savings Accounts, Life Assurance, Repayment protection, Foreign Exchange, Quick Lodge facility, ATM, The CONNECT Card (Member Benefit Card) and Payroll deduction.