The Golden Ticket Event – Community Supermarket Sweep
Launch Day Schedule
DJ Ronan Lardner
Galway Baycaster will be live with us on the day
Golden Ticket Supermarket Sweep
Giveaways every hour on the hour
Special performance from Drumadore
Ice Cream Truck
Calling all Clubs and Community Groups based in the Headford Area!
Fancy winning a share of €1000?
On February 22nd, the Official Launch Day of our new Headford Office, we will be running a very special Supermarket Sweep event that will benefit both your club / community group and Solas Headford.
We will be selecting 3 clubs / community groups, by means of a draw, to take part on the day.
The three nominees from the selected clubs / community group will have 2 mins to fill their trolley and the one that fills their trolley closest to €200 (to the cent!) will win €500, second place will win €300 and third place will win €200.
Terms and conditions apply as always and beware, for every euro the trolley goes over the €200 target it gets deducted off your total diminishing your chance at winning first prize. For example:
|Trolley Number||Trolley Total||Total after penalty applied (penalty for every euro that goes over €200 target)||Final Result|
|Trolley 1||210||210-10= 190||2nd Place: €300|
|Trolley 2||220||220-20=180||3rd Place: €200|
|Trolley 3||198||198||1st Place: €500|
The contents of the three trolleys on the day will be donated to Solas Headford.
Headford No Name Club
Terms & Conditions:
- I agree to my email and phone number being stored and used to receive updates.
- The draw to select the three participating Clubs / Community Groups will remain open from Wednesday 6thFebruary to 5pm Friday 15th February
- The draw for three selected Clubs / Community Groups will be held at 5.15pm on Friday 15thFebruary 2019.
- The selected Clubs / Community Groups will be chosen at random from valid entries and will be notified by Saturday 16thFebruary after the draw has taken place.
- SJCU’s decision in relation to the selection of the three final Clubs / Community group is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this event.
- There will be three Supermarket Sweep trolley runs held on the day- one for each of the three selected Clubs / Community Groups selected in the draw.
- The draw is open to all clubs / community groups located in Headford, Glencorrib, Caherlistrane, Cross, Claran, Cloughanover, Castlehackett, Kilcoona Annaghdown, Corrandulla and Shrule.
- The nominated representative for the selected Club / Community Groups chosen as the Supermarket Sweep Contestant is the only person allowed to complete the trolley dash except in extenuating circumstances. Any exceptions made shall be at the absolute discretion of SJCU.
- The nominated representative of the chosen club / community group must be available to take part in the Supermarket Sweep at Joyces Supermarket Headford at 1pm on Friday 22ndFebruary 2019.
- By entering into the draw, the nominated representatives confirm that they are aware of the physical nature of the Supermarket Sweep and the associated risks involved. Participants agree that they are physically capable of participating in the supermarket sweep, agree to be solely responsible for their actions, will at all material times hold SJCU harmless from any and all liability to them in connection with the event or their participation as a Contestant, and indemnify SJCU in this regard.
- The Supermarket Sweep consists of a 2 minute (120 seconds) dash around Joyces Supermarket Headford. This entitles the participant to free shopping for 2 minutes in the store.
- Alcohol is excluded from the trolley dash.
- The nominated representative may take a maximum of 1 of any particular item.
- Within the allotted time, the nominated representative places as many items as possible in their trolley.
- The nominated representative will be alerted after each 30-second interval has elapsed.
- The products collected during the Supermarket Sweep will be donated to Solas Headford.
- The nominated representatives will aim to fill their individual trolleys to the value of €200.
- The prize fund for the clubs / community groups will be distributed as follows:
- €500 to first place – the trolley closest to the €200 trolley content target
- €300 to second place – the trolley second closest to the €200 trolley content target
- €200 to third place – the trolley furthest from the €200 trolley content target
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this competition, the decision of SJCU will be final.
- All Clubs / Community Groups selected to take part agree that in consideration of the prize and their acceptance of same, the Promoter may use their name and likeness (likeness as it has been captured or in an altered manner, by employees, agents or subcontractors of SJCU or anyone working on behalf of SJCU and/or by local/other media) for purposes of internal/external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as SJCU may require. In such circumstances, prize winners’ personal data will be processed on a contractual basis and in SJCU’s legitimate interests.
- SJCU reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event and/or vary the rules, including these terms and conditions, without prior notice.
- SJCU does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever suffered by any Participant as a result of their taking part in the Supermarket Sweep Event. SJCU shall not be liable for any recourse or claims as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage suffered due to the Participant’s involvement in the Supermarket Sweep Event.